Utilities not "doing an amazing job"
Utility companies "aren't doing an amazing job in the public's eyes," according to One Block Off the Grid.
Based on their research, they say that consumers using solar and grid power are lukewarm to their utility companies' overall performance and commitment to renewable energy resources.
What can utilities do to change this perception? Customers were pretty specific.
- Provide fair pricing structures
- Compensate for excess solar fed back to the grid fairly
- Make monthly bills more clear
- Improve customer service
- Make power more available and reliable
- Address metering issues
- Increase renewable energy options
Further, and not surprisingly, in general customers do not want to be charged a premium for using renewable sources of energy.
There is a bright spot, however. Customers who have switched to solar say the experience was relatively smooth.